I was wondering if my "Positive thinking" could possibly reach beyond my daily routine and touch medical woes. I'm now convinced that if nothing else, it helps.
Not sure of the reason for all my discomfort lately with eating. I'm thinking old habits are trying to creep back. Perhaps eating too fast or taking bigger bites then I should. I was given all sorts of reasons for my belly pain, none of which were good. I refused to think about any of it. Finding out the day of the test would be soon enough. I also had a lump on my cheek for a long time, last week it was biopsied . Several people people asked me "what if ?", my answer is always the same to that question. "I cross each bridge in life WHEN I reach it and if there is a way to by pass the bridge I take it".
The results are in...Dr. Strauss could find nothing abnormal in my upper GI, everything looks good and there is no sign of Barretts. I am on a medication to kind of sooth the digestive system, but not forever...She said there is some scar tissue but she didn't think it needed to be stretched..so I'm thinking my discomfort can be handled by me and being aware of the size I put in my mouth. This is obviously user malfunction rather then surgery malfunction.
I got the stitches out of my face (it was a punch biopsy that left a hole) and the results on the tissue was neg. for cancer. It is inflamed and once the inflammation in the tissue goes down it can be removed by a plastic surgeon. The slight scar that was there can hardly be seen today..So I'm thinking I'm pretty lucky.
Can we truly "WILL" our bodies to respond in positive ways? I've seen it happen too many times not to believe it to be true. That's not to say "positive thinkers" do not get sick and die...but sometimes I wonder, in their case, if the news of illness isn't so overwhelming that they cease to think positive. I say this because I look at people who I know suffer from different illness and although they claim to be fighting it, they have a "woe is me" attitude. How do you tell someone you care about to knock off the pity party and start thinking of something else other then how bad their life is. Wouldn't that be insensitive ?
My life isn't perfect, far from it...but I'm sure there are people, even friends, who see my life as not having anything to be stressed or anxious about..."Sure she can think positive, every thing is GOOD". No everything is not good. I have dealt with some very serious issues in my life and I'm still dealing..but if I allowed all the issues to overwhelm my life, it would be a sorry state of affairs. Those problems will always be there, problems are a part of life and sometimes you feel like you have been punched in the gut and you are sure no one else in the world has ever faced as many problems ,all at once ,as you have. To that I say B---S---. We all have a story, we all have a book that is our lives. Like yours and everyone's ,mine is filled with, pain, heartache, loss and death. The difference is I chose to see the wonder in each new day and when I feel my life crashing I think of ways to make myself feel better. I'm not alone...I bet at least half the world See's life as I do. A fabulous, wonderful gift, filled with second, third and forth chances..You can either bask in it's sunshine or wallow in it's muck. Like everything else in life happiness is just another choice. It is always my hope that just one person will benefit from something I've said...Life is a gift, Embrace it with a smile....


1 comment:
Thank you for your inspiration! You are an inspiration to me and help me see the way I should look at things.
Post a Comment