It's not any big deal. I've had a few in my time and three since having Bariatric surgery. They were watching my Barretts Esophagus, which appears to , believe it or not, gone away .
For the past month I have been having problems...Feeling sick to my stomach and bringing up food I've just eaten. My stomach doesn't seem to like Beef and there are other things that seem to bother me, yet I can eat beef jerky...go figure.
There was some mention of some scar tissue that may have built up, evidently it happens now and again with RNY, no biggie apparently. According to Bob, Dr. Strauss will fix the condition , if that's what it is, while doing the EGD.
I'm thinking if I'm not her first patient, I'm pretty close to the top because we have to leave in a few minutes, it's 6:30 am. At the beginning of the week I had a biopsy done on my face...had a little lump on my cheek that's been there for a bit. Will find that results next week. For now I have 3 tiny blue stitches in my face that are driving me crazy.
Guess it all comes with getting older...of course there are those who have never been sick a day in their life and any form of procedure is unknown to them...Don't you just love 'em? Sort of like Rich, always bragging about how he has never been in a hospital, never really been very sick...God bless him, and then BANG! He goes for the big one. if I have learned anything, it's never say never...just be thankful for what you have today. In comparison to some, I'm pretty healthy and now that I've lost weight , I'm even healthier. I certainly have a lot more energy and I certainly feel a lot more positive about my future...I'd still do it again in a heartbeat and my heart breaks for those I see laboring in a world of Fat, I was there and now that I know what life is like on the other side I don't ever want to go back there....
If you're reading this, have a wonderful day and smile at someone......


No comments:
Post a Comment