I read a post this morning from one of the girls who has been having a terrible time. No names, but the details are; She had a Band and did not do well with it (tons of stress in her life) so she recently had a revision over to RNY...Months down the road she ended up with a bowel problem and thankfully announced that it had nothing to do with her surgery.
It is unfortunate that some people get on the thread and tell their horror stories, but neglect to say it had a lot to do with THEM and nothing to do with the surgery they had. More often then not, the problems people have after surgery, would have happened even if they didn't have surgery...This brings me to the ridiculous matter of Statistics which are gathered for reasons not always connected to the subject. Torture numbers and they'll confess to anything. Statistic's are like bikini's. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.
Any "Statistic's regarding this surgery are bogus as far as I'm concerned .We can't always believe what we hear and everyone that has something say, doesn't necessarily tell the entire story. Do not hang on every word as gospel (not even mine) If you have a question about something that is said...research it..ask questions but don't just sit in fear or walk away in fear.
I know of 4 people that have walked away because of the negative info they heard. It is infortunate that all that info came from one person...Sometimes we do not need to be as graphic with stories and then there are stories best left untold. Even though a story may be related to surgery...I think there are ways of explaining things that have a far more positive twist.
My surgical story is quite boring in comparison to others...But the story behind my successful surgery goes far deeper and is far more interesting. It is one that I will share with anyone that ask's....
I believe the thread is a forum of HELP..if a question is asked...answer it succincly if you can. If it doesn't apply to you,leave it alone. Lengthy explainations often confuse or even bore. Be truthful but not graphic . I do hope people realize that even though my postings, at times can be long, they are in answer to MANY people, not a litney of things about ME.
This is the place I tell my stories and share my thoughts...which by the way...I never thought so many people read LOL The other day I was looking around this BLOG site and found a place where people posted notes to me...I do apologize for not recognizing them...I never knew they were there. I see 0 comments and move on...I have gotten a lot of e-mail regarding this site..but never knew about the other messages.
I say what needs saying and those that come to read and appreciate what I say far out number those that don't. So I will continue to "tell it like it is" and suggest that people add more positive thoughts to their lives as well as to what they write....Oh and for those who come to correct my spelling and grammer...tarry on :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment