My Hidden Treasure

Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm hysterical

No really, yesterday I laughed til I cried. I got 16 e-mails in response to my posting, 10 knew exactly who I was talking about ( although I did not confirm it). I found it odd that out of the 10, 7 felt pity because they were sure the person had "no clue". A narcissist wouldn't...they are perfect, therefore it could not be them. 3 people proclaimed that the person in question seems to think they are better, brighter and set apart from everyone else, believing themselves to be totally unique and different. Has anyone looked up the word narcissist ? Hellooooo
Then we had the 6 e-mails from sweet, caring people wanting to know if it was them. They were apologetic and wanted to discuss it. You all know who you are because I took the time to write back to you...again not mentioning the name of the person.
I will say this...the person in question was not one who wrote...but then again I didn't expect that. I'm sure they feel themselves above even reading this blog...
This is the last I will write about this problem. I hope to be able to solve it or at least try and hold our little community together..I know I'm not alone...there are many of you who do not want to stop attending meetings and are just venting your frustrations.
I want to see everyone happy and getting along. I know in my heart, this persons intentions are honorable...truly they are. I just think the person lacks the skills at this time of life to change who he/she is...but I think in time EVERYONE, no matter what personality disorder they may suffer from, will come to see the writing on the wall. It's time for us to rise above the pettiness and accept things we can't change, but make every effort to change what we can...in a kind way.
Those of you who wrote are adorable...Thank you for the smiles................

No comments: