I have a restored excitement. Doesn't that sound silly? I have such a tremendous amount of faith not only in this surgery, but in our team, and in the program . No one was more ready for this surgery then I. I had not one doubt, I still don't.
This "Test" is really not a test at all. It is a little mini plan to bring you back to the beginning. To make you remember why you started this Journey in the first place. How could I forget? It just happens I guess. I've watched people gain weight and wonder why they aren't doing anything about it. We all work so damn hard at this.. Perhaps people do not realize they have gained 5 pounds, then it becomes 10...I'm not a scale person, nor am I obsessive , but I do get on the scale often enough to catch a gain before it becomes a serious problem.
I have been wanting to jump start my body for a while now, just to see if I could lose MORE weight then what I did initially (I want to break the "window of opportunity"). I believe everything happens for a reason and I'm hoping this 5DPT came along at just the right time.
As I've said to Newbies, this is a life time commitment . Yes your tool will help you melt away, but it's only a tool, it's all up to you to make it work for the rest of your life.
Today I will begin at my beginning. When my pouch was new and sensitive. I will have two "healing "days of full liquids. There is some leverage , there are recipes for soups that I would not have eaten right after surgery, but they have a purpose. This "Test" is to break the carb cycle and get back to basics. This is NOT a diet, but rather a drastic measure to get back into control of my tool.
This is my menu for today (should I vary at all, I will list it tomorrow. Honesty is the only way we can all grow and learn together)
Morning: Strawberry smoothie
mid morn snack- High-protein pudding
lunch- Chocolate smoothie
afternoon snack- an orange
Dinner- Soup I made yesterday (pea soup...delicious) recipe is on site.
Evening snack- Unjury high protein pudding
Needless to say I need to also stay hydrated and take supplements as usual
I certainly appreciate all the support I've gotten. Keep it up.....


No comments:
Post a Comment