Some of my "group" really crack me up. There are times when posting seem to hit people in the same way and I wake up to 7 e-mails, all saying basically the same thing.
Yes, there are times life is just that "simple" . Trust me, I can be as "wordy" as the next guy. I believe I've proven that many times LOL We are all there to help and that's the bottom line. At times, some people just feel a need to use more words to explain a situation, because they want you to succeed through the holidays. So take what you need from postings and leave the rest.
Perhaps I am the one that "over" simplified. Lets face it, the Holidays can be rough. Having lost my dad at Christmas, there is always that underlying heartache that normally would cause me to seek comfort foods. Then we have the stress of shopping, baking, visiting...Again I say...Be prepared. I've baked the same cookies for years I don't need to taste them. I LOVE Linzer Tarts mine are phenomenal, I don't make them anymore. I KNOW I will eat them. No one will die if I don't make them, but I will surely suffer if I do. I don't have a problem with parties, I just don't..so why pretend I do to make a point. There is ALWAYS something I can eat, salad perhaps, turkey , maybe ham, fruit? I have yet to go anywhere and not been able to eat something. If it's an evening party I eat a late lunch...RNY people fill up very fast, so it doesn't take much salad. I don't need dessert, if there is something at the dessert table I can eat in moderation I'll have a tiny piece. Right or wrong I can not and will not allow this program to become an obsession...It is my way of life now...It's that simple....the minute one hears "NOT ALLOWED" it's like waving a red flag, it's deprivation. I don't play that game .
I am a person who loves to entertain, loves to cook and loves to make treats for people for the holidays...This program has not changed my life one iota, I've changed my relationship with food.
When ever I hear the sacrifices people claim they make or hear people ask how this will affect their life...I want to scream "It will affect you life as much as you allow it" if you like drama, you'll allow it to go much deeper then it needs to in order to be effective. If you roll with the punches, take what you've learned and carry it over into your new life style, you'll do fine.
As far as my advice for Holiday eating...You know right from wrong. Be mindful, plan ahead and enjoy your Holiday and for Pete's sake stop thinking we are all experts...we are all on this Journey together and we all have a great deal to learn along the way. Merry Christmas


No comments:
Post a Comment