YIKES!! When did I buy so much stuff? I just keep finding more and more...some of it, I don't even remember buying. How is that possible? LOL
It's all good. It's like Christmas every time I open a bag. Of course there is very little I NEEDED, but this trip wasn't about NEED...It was about exploring other avenues of the art and quilt world. I've come to the conclusion that I am not as much a quilter as I am an artist..I love quilts and I love making them. However bed quilts and lap blankets no longer excite me the way they once did. Now I like quilts with dimension and texture, things that make me smile when I see them....I sure got enough stuff to experiment with :-)
I got on the scale this morning and had to look again. Who loses weight on vacation? From the looks of it, I did. I'm going to stop at the doctors office today and check her scale before I get too excited. I did try and eat well, we all did, but we also had some snacks and goodies that weren't on any diet I ever heard. We did walk a lot though, so perhaps I did lose a few pounds. Wouldn't that be wonderful ?
My daughter kept up my facebook page so I doubt anyone there even knew I was gone. It really is good to be home. Now I just have to get my head back from vacation and move forward once again in the REAL world.
My turtle is still in a cage, it is just too cold to set him free. If it warms up by the week-end he will be screaming "Free at last". Now some of you who know turtles are cold blooded are probably shaking your head...but our turtles are still in hibernation because of the weather here as opposed to Kentucky where it is already in the 70's, so it would be a bit of a shock for this poor guy....I have no doubt he will be fine once it warms up. He certainly will be a lot safer.
For those of you who read this and are new to the WLS program, I Hope you realize that life does not stop after surgery...it gets better and you can indeed go on vacation and do everything you always did...including EAT. The only thing that changes is your ability to eat too much and that is a GOOD thing.
Life just keeps getting better.....


No comments:
Post a Comment