Oh what a time it was...Marilynn and I left here on Monday and it Barboursville around 5 pm. We stayed in a Holiday Inn that we've stayed in before but I doubt we will stay in again. Now you either pay for breakfast or you get a free one of packaged pastry, coffee and a pc of fruit...YUK!!! On the way home we hit a Holiday Inn Express and woke up to a wonderful breakfast of eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, fruit, yogurt, all sorts of breakfast stuff. It was wonderful..So Hurricane will be our stop next year.
We picked up Stef and Jodie in Elizabethtown (or as our GPS said E-Lisa-BETH-town). Jodie was new this year, but what a great addition to our crew. She sure fit right in and made us laugh more often then we needed too.
Our cabin was the same as last year. We never did get to walk down to the lake as we had hoped. We booked a 3 bedroom two bath cabin at Kentucky Dam for next year. It's closer to Paducah and we just like it there better. The cabins are newer.
We made a friend and called him Simone, a raccoon. He helped us finish up all the goodies each night (less trash) pictures of him will be added later.
The show was different this year because the convention center is being renovated, but it was still fun and I did my very best to stimulate the economy of Paducah. I was a bit disappointed in my feet...guess my old sneakers weren't a good choice of walking shoe. I was in so much pain by the end of day two I could hardly stand...had to go buy me some "Shape Ups" and some Eccos..unfortunately my feet were so bad by then, that it took days for them to come back...It didn't damper my fun too much but I did have to sit more then usual and that pissed me off.
The girls always managed to find me and come get me for the "Good stuff" but I'm sure I missed a lot. We did copy and exchanged tons of patterns...something we swore we would not buy this year...so much for promising. It's hard to pass up things you "Just have to HAVE"...Jodie and I were in ecstasy with all the glitter and stones and paints etc......We did some serious damage to our budget with that stuff. Of course every night was like Christmas, when we would have show and tell and then exchange little gifts we got for each other...from fabric to mugs to all sorts of fun stuff ..heck Jodie even found a key chain with a crown...some day I will have to write about the crown thing between Stef and I, but we found a lot of crowns this year and were very happy.
I had a thing about the STOP signs in the park...just kept forgetting they were there. Every time I'd roll through one, Jodie would say "It was only a suggestion"...took away some of the guilt LOL She is very quick witted and great with her IPhone as far as finding stuff. Although we probably could have done without finding Hobby Lobby ROTFLMAO!!!
We had a lot of laughs..woke up laughing and went to sleep laughing...Of course as usual my driving ability was questioned(although I continue to be the designated driver) and I did miss a few turns (either because of laughing or talking) LOL but we all managed to laugh until we cried. I DID manage to find us some spectacular parking each day, as close to the show as you'd want to be, other then IN the place LOL so I redeemed myself.
On the way to Elizabethtown to drop off Stef and Jodie we passed lots of turtles...some squished, some trying to cross the road on their way to being squished...very sad. Suddenly there was one right in front of me trying to cross a major highway. You know I had to pull over, back up and rescue the thing. Jodie was delighted and Marilynn was ready to bale (she doesn't like reptiles AT ALL) Poor Jodie got stuff holding the thing until we could find a box, which Marilynn did when we stopped for gas...Actually she bought a fold up cooler LMAO!! So Lucky had a safe home well out of Marilynns view and everyone was happy...BTW that was AFTER lucky did a pooh on a plastic bag on Jodies lap..aaahhhh the things we do to save a life. Lucky will be released sometime today up on my property (Oh yes he stayed at the Holiday Inn Express also LOL) I am sure he will do just fine. We do have roads and he could make it to one of them but his chances are much better here then in Kentucky. I've renamed him Kentucky Lucky...Ken for short.
Poor Marilynn was one hurting Pup on the way home, between her hips and shoulders I'm not sure what was worse. We did have the comedy channel on the radio and that helped ease the pain I'm sure...at one point we were laughing so hard at Larry the cable Guy I could hardly see where I was going...not a good way to drive , but it sure was funny.
Did I mention stopping at another Hobby Lobby on the way home? Seems that after we dropped of Stef and Jodie we had ALL this extra space to fill..LOL...Can you tell we are still laughing?
Pictures will follow at some point....


No comments:
Post a Comment