My Hidden Treasure

Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Wonderful Party

This is a very busy time of year for all. I seem to be a bit more organized this year then in past years...or maybe not. maybe it just seems that way because I'm feeling so positive about life in general.
We had a wonderful Christmas Party after our last WLS Meeting. The meeting itself was lots of fun. I was given a beautiful Plant as a Thank you for the Butterfly Project, I thought that's was very thoughtful of the team. We did not have the usual lesson so that time could be found for an adorable song the team gave us all as a Gift. It was sung to "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" and it was hysterical. I nice start to a perfect evening.
Our party was in the "Party Room " at the Neptune. Our very own Party Planner, Kittie, went above and beyond and took a plain ordinary meeting room and turned it into a winter wonderland. A beautiful white tree all decorated with Butterflies was a show piece..each of us got a bag with our name on it and we were told to take home an ornament for our own tree. Santa came and gave gifts to every person there (by name yet) and then we played trivia for more prizes, followed by name that tune for even more prizes. Jules graced us with music and song and Lisa made absolutely gorgeous center pieces for the table...She gifted me with one at the end of the evening so I felt very special. It has been a while since I have enjoyed myself like that at a party...It was a nice break from gift making.
We got our first real snow fall yesterday so I am looking out the window at a winter wonderland..Gosh I love the seasons...
Today Rich and I will wrap AGAIN!!! And try to get some organization going around here. I will head on down to the "other house" to finish up some more gifts. I promised myself I would not be sewing on Christmas eve and I intend to keep that promise.
I have gifts to mail that must go out soon...Busy, busy busy...So much prep and then it's all over for another year...I LOVE Christmas, just the over all joy that the season seems to bring to every ones heart..I wish it could last all year.
If you are reading this and you feel the love of giving inside you, please visit Anysoldier.com,
read some of the stories and see what our fighting men are asking for...it isn't much and the average person can afford to "adopt" a soldier for Christmas. Once you pick someone, you will get an actual address for that soldier...your gift goes to him /her, it is not a scam like some...so give it a look and really fill your heart with joy through an act of "GIVING"...
Off to fill up some boxes for some very special soldiers....

No comments: