My Hidden Treasure

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Okay so I'm a day early....All the wild turkeys were standing on the ridge this morning holding signs saying; EAT BEEF...sorry guys, but there is a very fresh bird sitting in my refrig waiting to be stuffed :-)
We are delighted this year that at least part of the family will be here to celebrate with us. We do enjoy being up on this mountain, but during the holidays it is always hard, looking back on the business of the holiday, with a crowded table and so much laughter. I miss those day, but realize that life is full of change and acceptance is the key to happiness.
I have so very much to be thankful for this year...way at the top of the list is that Rich survived his surgery and continues to improve everyday...I have survived a year of change (for the better) much thinner then last year , much healthier and certainly much happier. My children are all happy in their lives and I am surrounded by people who truly care and show it in everything they do and say. I have to be one of the luckiest people on this planet and I never stop thanking God for holding me so close to his heart and allowing so much joy to fill my life.
I am thinking about the soldiers today...young men and women so far from home, so far from the loved ones who will celebrate this holiday missing them and praying for their safe return.
Please don't forget them in your prayers...There are so many people less fortunate, I wish I could feed them all, dress them all in warm clothes....What I can do is make a difference to some...You can as well..Most churches take coats and clothes for the needy, a lot of banks have barrels out for toys at Christmas and most of all check out anysoldier,com and make life a little nicer for our forces that won't be home this holiday season....
Happy Thanksgiving to all who have made my life a brighter place...and even to those who have brought darkness...fore if not for troubled times, how would I know what happiness feels like?

No comments: