Or so the saying goes....In my life it always seems to be feast or famine (note I even use food in my analogies hahaha)
I haven't blogged lately because I had no Internet access.
First I went down to the Island to make the old house ready for a tenant. A while back the kids had brought boxes down from the attic and piled them in the bedrooms, so I had to sit and go through every box (ya never know what you might find after 30 years). I was amazed at what I saved and kept asking myself "why?"...learning to let go has always been difficult for me, but between the old dusty boxes and the heat...throwing became easier then saving.
My granddaughter (age 9) was a big help with all the up and down and my son and daughter helped with the "Letting go". My neighbor tried every way he could to give me wireless access but nothing worked or maybe I was just too tired to keep trying.
Fell down the steps Saturday hurt my hip and wrist, not sure it helped my Synvisc either since this is the first time I've felt this much pain after my shots.
I was happy to get home early Sunday morning, the trip was a breeze in spite of a hurting leg.
We were hit with a storm shortly after I got home and lost our cable and phone. Normally that would not have bothered me one bit, but with family calling with regard to Richards surgery, doctors calling etc. it was the worst time for that to happen...Knowing David was bringing Mom and dad to see Grandpa just added to the frustration of having no cable...but he brought lots of movies, so that worked.
No sooner did they fix the phone and we got hit by lightening again, only this time the house got hit as well, along with TV's , VCR's, the hot tub mother board and the electric fence...I also lost my computer...Thank goodness I had "Old faithful" repaired...it's slow, but it works.
Neighbors came up and saved me from having to get an electrician as well as helping unpack my car from the trip. A Thank you dinner is planned...What would have taken me days, took about an hour...Amazing!!! Robyn and David, even the little guy , were also a big help.
Yesterday we went for the pre-op testing and class. very informative for me, very scary for Rich.
Of course anyone who knows him , knows he has a way about him and because of it, becomes an instant celebrity. I have no doubts that he will be well taken care of. The nurses were already hugging him and making him feel relaxed. of course that was short lived when he saw the CSU and got a look at what he will look like on day one...not pretty...many tubes in many places. I do wish I could have this done in his place, I hate seeing him so scared.
So that's life over this past week...and in a few days it will be hectic again...
For all of those who have been so supportive and helpful during this very stressful time...I can't thank you enough...it has meant so much to me and my family....Bless you all.


No comments:
Post a Comment