My Hidden Treasure

Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Happy Valentines Day

I am forever in awe of the depth of Richards feelings. He never fails to surprise me, yesterday was no exception. I really didn't expect anything, he had already bought me some new clothes and brought home roses on Friday. I have told him in the past not to buy me flowers because of the expense and the fact that it saddens me when they die. Last year he bought me a doz. roses at the grocery store and not only were they gorgeous, they lasted longer then any flowers I ever received plus they dried on the stem perfectly. So he did the same thing this year and these are even lovelier.
So imagine my surprise when along with breakfast came a little box. We all know great things come in little boxes He had gone back to the jeweler who made my Butterfly pendant and had earrings made to match. I was shocked and happily surprised. He said it was a combo V Day and BD gift but he couldn't wait any longer. LOL I guess after 45 years, I'll keep him.
Little does he realize, even though I tell him, he is my gift. He is my rock, my best friend.
He is the one who inspired the Butterfly Project when he gave me a Butterfly to symbolize my rebirth on the day of my surgery. He has supported me every step of the way, even though he admitted that he surgery scared him to death...But his faith in me was stronger then his fears and for that I will be eternally grateful. I could not have made this journey without his support and I could not continue without him walking beside me.
I know there are people who take this journey alone with very little support from family or friends. I am one of the lucky ones and it is the reason I try to be there to support those who need it. Everyone needs someone at sometime along the way. This is not an easy road and it helps to know that there is always a helping hand reaching out for support when needed.
I hope everyone got to spend this week-end with someone who loves them...Happy Valentines Day......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Kathie.. You so deserve your Rich....You give him as much love and happiness as he gives you. You two are blessed.
Happy Birthday, dear one... Hope it was your best ever!
Gail