It's been a while since I've had enough computer time to post anything here. Lots of company has come and gone and trying to catch up on things has taken a lot of my time.
I attended a meeting last night and one of the subjects we talked about was frustration.
I sat there and listened and realized how different we all truly are. Some things that had people on the verge of murder had me thinking "why?". But then I realized, we all react to different circumstances in different ways and what sends me off a cliff may not bother someone else.
I bet there are people who know me that think I NEVER get frustrated. I guess I do have somewhat of a flippant attitude towards life...it is what it is and it beats the alternative. However, I get as frustrated as anyone else...more at myself then at those around me.
I dislike anything that controls my life including FAT, PAIN, DISEASE, FOOD.....Like most people I've tried many times to take back the Fort...it's not like frustration doesn't lead to making some kind of effort. Whining about it usually just inflames the situation, sure doesn't solve any problems...but very often in an effort to take back the Fort, we get even more frustrated with our failure to do so.
This has been a long road, years of the same battles and same frustrations...Even once I decided to have this surgery, the frustration continued with appointments spread out over months, cancelled appointments, 11th hours test. It's disheartening as you are in a raging battle to take one step forward and two back, you feel as if your wheels are spinning and you are getting nowhere fast.
I realized as I spoke last night, that in 4/5 months my life has taken a drastic turn. My diabetes is GONE, BP normal, knee replacement surgery postponed indefinitely, acid reflux disease gone, energy level higher then it's been in years. How lucky am I? Life is full of frustrations and hardships and my life is no different then any other persons ...I've seen my share of tears, sorrows and loss, of pain, life threatening disease and fear...But I'm still here (isn't there a song like that?)
I'm still here to fight another day, so perhaps that's why I try and face frustration with a smile...It isn't going away so I might as well just deal with it as best I can, change what I can and move on.
I've gotten so many encouraging e-mails and I want to thank all of you who are following this journey..because your support is not only a comfort to me , but necessary for my success....


No comments:
Post a Comment