My Hidden Treasure

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oh Happy Day!!

I've been a bit busy this week ,but I did want to share some happy news. I saw my regular health care provider on Monday, she was absolutely thrilled to hear all about the surgery.
I've lost another 6 pounds since last week, so I'm delighted, but the best part....I also lost 3 more pills. Hopefully in another few months they will all be gone...HOORAY!!!
Crushing all those pills has been a chore and the worst part of this whole experience. There is just no way to mask that awful, bitter, taste.
I received my RTD-51 from UPS yesterday. tried the Choc. right away. You can't mask that taste either LOL protein is protein but this is 51g in one can, which means if I drink one a day I really don't have to fret about getting in my 60g of protein a day.
I'm basically making WW meals for Rich and then taking a tiny piece of the protein for myself. My stomach can only hold about an once or two so I'm quite satisfied with a tiny piece of anything. I'm still pureeing but I'm not thinning as much, I have another week of this so I want to start thickening food so the tummy gets the hang of it. Time to start processing food!!
One thing for sure, you really get to know your body during this process. You also realize what you have been doing wrong for so many years...amazing...it's all so amazing to me.

No comments: