My Hidden Treasure

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Another lesson

My company has departed and my house is quiet again. The week -end was fun but difficult for me as far as eating. I had to keep reminding myself that I can no longer eat the way I once did. Taking "HUMAN BITES" is most difficult, even with pureed foods. I have to let go of the shoveling mode...no wonder I got so fat. How long have I been shoveling food into my mouth, chop chewing and then swallowing? I never chewed my food to mush, hell I never took small amounts. Sounds stupid huh? What a challenge it has been to slow down and take small amounts. If I take large amounts my body rebels in a horrible way and I have to lay flat until it stops. It's like stomach spasms. As my food is getting thicker I have become more aware of chewing and swallowing tiny amounts, making my meal last 1/2 hour. (You think it's easy? Try it!)
The friend that was visiting is very thin and always has been. I watched her eat..hmmm sure enough, she took her time between bites, got more involved in conversation then in eating. She cut her food small and chewed before swallowing. That has to be one of the keys...I have been observing thin people and they all eat like that. They all play or toy with their food...it is a habit I will have to develop. I will be on real food comes Thanksgiving so I am going to make up a menu now...I truly believe that if "You fail to plan, you plan to fail " and there is no way I will fail in this adventure...I've worked too hard and feel to good to allow food to ever govern my life again... Every day there is a new lesson to be learned.
I hope every ones week end was as nice as mine, filled with laughter and good times.....

No comments: