This is an exciting time...We've had several new Butterflies over the past few weeks and all seem to be doing just beautifully. One of the latest ones is a revision. This is a person we all embraced from the very on set. She has had a difficult life. When she told me she was having the Band I told her I thought she was making a mistake and perhaps should do more research. I did not say this to be mean or because I don't believe the Band is very effective for some people.
This girl has a very , very stressful life and it shows no signs of ever subsiding. She has a situation that will bring stress into her life for a very long time. I am a watcher, I take notes on people having BOTH surgeries and I'm sorry to say, but people who have very stressful situations in their lives, or people who tense up when under stress should not even consider having the band IMHO.
Well what the heck do I know? She was also very attached to someone who had the Band and I think that played a roll on her decision. Doesn't matter, she had the band and didn't do well. Now she has had a revision to RNY and hopefully she will do better. I say hopefully , because her life situation has not changed and RNY , like the band, is a life long commitment. It is difficult and when life gets in the way, it is sometimes impossible even for the most dedicated of RNY people.
It is my prayer that she will make every effort to make this work. She is a lovely girl, a pretty girl, and I want to see her succeed at this more then anything.
I feel blessed to be so close to so many people who are on this very same Journey. We all have such different circumstance, but our struggle is the same. It is easy to stay motivated when so many others are on the same journey with you. There is an understanding among us that does not carry over to people who have not shared our surgery. This is not an easy task, in fact it is one of the hardest things I've ever faced. But I am so grateful for all the wonderful things that have happened in my life since taking that first step. Happiness in not in looking in the mirror and seeing a slender person, it's seeing a healthy , happy person that really matters.
As I write, the snow continues to fall and I wonder if it will ever stop...It's kind of nice to be snow bound LOL Perhaps I'll find time to do things I need to do as well as things I want to do....
But that beauty I see out my window sure does start the creative juices flowing......So much to play with, so little time....


No comments:
Post a Comment