My Hidden Treasure

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

5 Day Pouch Test

http://5daypouchtest.com/ is a site worth looking at for all people who have had RNY surgery.

AS we go through our Journey, this new life we have found, we very often come to bumps in the road.
These bumps can be in the form of health issues, small weight gains, family issues that cause stress...You get the picture. We also tend to become complacent as time passes, we know the program (or at least we think we remember it all) and we go on our Merry way. We know the weight will level off and sooner or later stop (why) and we accept that.
I have stayed connected to my group, I've taken an active part in mentoring and promoting my Butterfly Project (because I believe in it). I think I've done a good job at following the program and making it part of my life style. I have NOT changed my life, just like I didn't change my life as a diabetic. I accepted it for what it was and fit it and all it's rules into my life. (Not sure people get that)
I've maintained my weight loss for over 2 years and I realized , when I stepped on the scale the other day, that complacency had set in. I have not lost my enthusiasm for the program, I've just become relaxed with my life style. I don't live in fear of the scale but I do check it once a week...this week showed a gain of 4 pounds. Yes it could be a lot of things, but I never , ever want to return to the person I was almost 3 years ago. I like my life now, I like the way I feel.
I like the fact that the diabetes is gone and it took my knee pain with it. There are too many pluses to allow myself to slide back down into that abyss.
Enter the 5 day pouch test. It is something to jump start you back to that old feeling. I like a challenge so I have challenged myself to proving once and for all , that people can and do lose weight beyond the "window". If I'm wrong, you'll read it here. If nothing else, you all know, I tell it like it is...not what I think you want to hear or even need to hear...just the truth.
This is a little ditty I read each day in order to keep my Journey fresh and I leave you today with this thought:
There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who threat you right. Pray for those who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE , getting back up is part of LIVING~

No comments: