My Hidden Treasure

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Toxic People

I'm sure I used that title before...Toxic people seem to pop up a lot when it comes to this surgery.
First, let me answer a question someone wrote yesterday regarding my Christmas Eve menue.
I have mentioned many times that my life as far as entertaining , has not changed one iota.
Anyone who thinks that their social life will end because of this surgery is sadly mistaken...you will eat less and you will make healthier choices...those are the only factors that change.
I made Pecan encrusted Haddock (baked) it is soaked in buttermilk then dipped in cracker crumbs (I make myself) mixed with ground pecans. Crabmeat stuffed mushrooms, make your own and controll the amont of bread you use (I use fresh made bread crumbs from 7 grain bread) Lts of crab, only a little bread crumbs...baked after being sprayed with olive oil. Caviche, made fresh, very low in calories and delicious. I huge salad that had mixed greens, tomato, radich, green onion, feta cheese and cranberries. Butternut squash with wilted spinach and a citrus dressing (just a tad)The squash is baked in cubes, red onions cooked on top of the stove then all mixed together, the heat wilts the spinach. My friends know to make FF/SF dessert ...sometimes they actually listen LOL Okay so thats how you eat healthy and enjoy company.
As for Toxic people. many people are jealous when someone decides to lose weight..it's just that human factor playing out. They may accuse you of "Taking the easy way out" because you "melt" so rapidly. We all know this isn't EASY, but some of us need a tool that will help us. Not all of us succeed and you will hear about those people from friends and relives. They will tell you of horror stories , people who had a lot of problems, people who gained back all their weight...Some of what they say may actually have some truth connected to it. For the most part it will be BS.
I'm not sure why people feel a need to try and discourage us or make us feel like alien beings.
Personally, once I made up my mind I didn't give a crap about anyones stories. I especially didn't want to hear about "Risk" factors. You are born dying...life is a terminal illness...Deal with that fact. Obesity, diabetes, heart disease are all killers...How come Fat people don't worry about those "RISK" factors? How come your friends and family don't give a Sh** about you dying from obesity related illness, but they are really against you doing something about it ? makes you wonder, doesn't it? If not it should... I do not tolerate Toxic people. I distance myself from anyone who tries to tell me whats GOOD for me. If you are not willing to die in my place...Shut the hell up! I worry more about those of you who chose surgery for all the wrong reasons. I'm sure friends and family play a part in that as well. Do your homework, ask questions, research topic's and most of all know the risk factor connected to your hospital...not some nation wide survey done 10 years ago. If you learn nothing else from me, learn to stand for what you believe in. Tell your family and friends what you've decided to do and then tell them if they can't support you, to at least love you enough to leave you alone and keep their opinions to themselves.

No comments: