My Hidden Treasure

Thursday, September 23, 2010

How busy can life get?

LOL I've all but stopped reading e-mail, especially the ones that start with FWD. while I appreciate people thinking of me, I'm just too busy to open most of it. I delete advertisements immediately , then look and see if I have any mail from friends or people I am mentoring...They are important to me and I always answer as fast as I can....Sometimes friends send stuff that does not say FWD but is..again I have to delete them. If I took the time to read all these "pass alongs" I'd never get away from this computer...So if you are one of the people that send me all that cute stuff...Thanks, but please understand that I probably never get to see them so if you want my attention you might want to include it in the subject line.
I am busier now then I have ever been in my life...I've got a stack of BD cards I've made and yet to get around to mailing...That's just WRONG, but I always feel that I should add a note and there lies my problem. Finding time to write one LOL
The animals require daily attention and I love giving it to them. It always starts my day with a smile when I feel their unconditional love.
Yesterday I noticed a new critter is living in the barn...A skunk...yup...I call it Petey, have no idea if it's a girl or boy...It is almost solid white with a thin line of black going down it's back and tail. It doesn't seem to mind the horses or the goats, but I think it's best to keep the dogs away. It doesn't mind me at all. I know what you are all thinking.."That crazy lady will get the stink bomb one of these days". You may be right, but I think animals, much more then people, recognize the pure of heart...by this I mean a person who would never , ever harm another living soul. Have I? I'm sure many times...with intention? NEVER?
I believe it's why the deer do not run from me. Why the baby fox sleeps under a near by tree and why the skunk walks over my feet and sits and waits for me to put down a dish of food...They feel it...they know they are safe..
So I don't mind the time I spend with my fur babies. I find it comforting...
Then I have normal household work to fit in...laundry, cleaning and at this time of year, filling my freezer and shelves with stuff to last through winter...Not because I have to, because I like to.
Then there is my time spent at the play house...either teaching or making stuff for an up coming FAIR...Of course there are days I just about get the animals done and I'm off to Binghamton to the doctor..between him and therapy you are looking at 8 hours (with travel time) sure takes a chunk out of my day. Then I have meetings and volunteer stuff, my Butterfly Project..Oh and lets not forget Christmas is right around the corner..Not sure I will be making a lot this year...I'd like to and I've made a list...but time seems to be moving ten times faster then I am..
Normally it would really bother me not to be able to make the things on my list, but I'm learning. besides, last year I sent packages to soldiers in the names of people I normally would have sent something to for Christmas, as well as my art group and my Lizzies (which I seldom see anymore) but still, I care and think of them...So sending boxes in peoples name was a way I could remember special people and still be able to get Christmas to soldiers. I think I'll do it again this year. I've already started collecting stuff...
So days continue to stay busy and I've given up hope that it will calm down any time soon. I do have to fit in getting Rave St. taken care of...but time will only allow for so much.
It is true what the say about life. It is indeed like a roll of toilet paper...the closer to the end, the faster it goes LOL

No comments: