My Hidden Treasure

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Recon surgery

I went to a seminar last night regarding reconstructive surgery. No, I am not looking for a brain transplant or a gorgeous 20 year old body (wouldn't that be nice?) I'm looking to have excess skin removed...skin that causes problems...belly flap and arms are the biggest problem. Yes even weight loss has it's problems.
There are those who say, because of rapid weight loss we end up with all this loose skin...as opposed to slow weight loss which will leave firm skin...That's Bullshit, plain and simple...even when a young person loses weight fast they are able to firm up the skin that is still elastic...The older you are the less elasticity you have in your skin , so any weight loss, regardless of how long it takes or doesn't take, will leave you with excess skin hanging.
Some people, mostly woman, try and trick their minds into believing they are still young enough to have the surgery and come away looking firm and physically fit. Trust me , I know a few of them and they neither look young, nor firm. There is nothing worse then a person who refuses to grow old gracefully. I think it is far better to be a good looking old person then an old bag trying to look like she's 20 again. Those days are over baby...
Last night they showed pictures...no faces and let me tell you, any one of them could have been me...Like bodies full of cottage cheese and saggy skin...My problem was with the end result, it wasn't pretty. Even the PN giving the talk said it makes people tubular rather then naturally curvy. The cutting is extensive, you're sent home with drains, which have to be uncomfortable if not annoying...then there are the scars to deal with, which also weren't all that pretty. Forget the boob jobs...I'll keep my pancakes, anyone looking at a woman over 40 , knows those perky boobs are phony, so why bother? Even implants will eventually pull the breast down, I've seen it, and that REALLY ain't pretty. So what is my decision about reconstructive surgery? I think the penniculus has to go (belly flap) for health reasons...the arms? Well they are a PITA trying to fit into a smaller size blouse...So, if I do decide to go through with this, and that's a big IF right now...That's all I will have done...my boobs are fine in a bra and my legs are okay in pants..Face? hey I've earned my wrinkles, they give my face the character and show experience of my years on this earth, so I'm keeping the face God gave me. I have yet to see anyone with a face lift that doesn't look phony..We expect wrinkles with age and we expect to see them on other people...I think they are beautiful.
So that's my take on plastic surgery...vanity thy name is NOT Kathie LOL

No comments: