It is a beautiful day today. A clear blue sky and not as muggy as the past few days. It is a day of reflection. There are so many people who will not be celebrating this day with a cook out and friends, but rather lay on some bed in a military hospital in pain...Perhaps missing limbs or believing they are still caught under the Humvee that blew up. What tragic stories War creates. The dead are dead and I will honor their memory and thank them for my freedom..But what about the living casualties of war? Who remembers them?
Yesterday, my grandson, who BTW loves being a little boy and running outside to play with his friends, took the time to place flags on the Graves of fallen soldiers. I am very proud of that little man as well as of his parents for fortifying positive "values".
I do hope EVERYONE, takes the time today to say a prayer, not just for the dead who died for our freedom, but for the wounded who have paid a bitter price for our freedom and the freedoms of others. I may not be entirely thrilled with a president that refuses to salute the flag that he governs nor believe in his idea of "Change" but I do believe in this GREAT country and in the selfless men and women who protect it and my freedom to believe as I choose.
God Bless our fighting men and women and God bless the USA.


No comments:
Post a Comment