I am very sad today. Our beloved Blizzy went to Rainbow Bridge yesterday. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the trauma of being recued from the snow, she has been fine...well as fine as she was before that event anyway.
Blizzy came to us 8 years ago. I wasn't going to take her when I took my other ones because she appeared to be sickly, very bony and not well looking. The guy selling the goats assured me that she was fine, but threw her in for free, just so I'd take her, since I was buying her daughter, Oreo. I asked how old Blizzy was then and he said "about 14...or so" he wasn't real sure, but she was one of his first. She flourished in her new home, her hair got nicer looking, her body filled out (that's her in the picture with Emma) She outlived all the goats save Oreo. She loved the horses and became Reds best friend. The children all loved her because she was so gentle and loving. She slowed down this past year and although she seemed well enough, she just wasn't herself. She spent a lot of time gazing off into the distance...I often wondered what she saw...perhaps the Rainbow Bridge, who knows.
I love my animals dearly, they mean more to me then most people...they certainly can be trusted more...They will never betray you and their love is unconditional.
I know in my heart that I gave Bilzzy a new lease on life by loving her and giving her excellent care...but she will be missed. Even hard ass Rich had tears in his eyes as he dug her grave with the backhoe.
There is human suffering everywhere these days...Haiti, Chile..... all over the world people are dying...so in the Big picture Blizzy's death is insignificant...heck, I'm sure most of her relatives were eaten...but she was my pet, a living, breathing soul that will be terribly missed by those of us who loved her....in spite of the fact that she was "just a goat".
R.I.P. Dear Blizzy


No comments:
Post a Comment