We have so very much to be thankful for. Rich came home on Friday with a minimum amount of pain..only when he coughs which isn't often. He is walking with energy and looks wonderful. He gets tired fast but I think that's to be expected, his body has been through a lot.
Friday shortly after he came home my kids went to get his meds and I was in the kitchen...I heard the lift chair moving and the dogs getting wound up. I told Rich to sit still until I could round up the dogs...well anyone who knows Rich knows how well he listens...NOT!!!
So my sons dogs tail (she wiggles a lot) send a glass of ice tea flying...I go running for paper towels not realizing my shoes are wet, I hit the ceramic tile and the next thing I know I'm waking up on the floor. I hit my head on the cabinet and came down on both knees judging from the pain in my knees and the bump on my head. Rich panicked because he knew he couldn't help me so he called Ron on his cell...My son walks in with me on the floor saying "Sheesh, I can't trust you kids for a minute" hahaha Sweet revenge.
So now the "favorite " nurse is limping around with a swollen, fluid filled knee....But Rich I am happy to say is doing far better then anyone expected. He is healing well and although the chest tube holes are still somewhat open, the look good. The home health nurse said she was happy to see me using hand cleaner before touching bandages and she was pleased to see a "very clean environment".....I'm thinking 'what the heck does this poor soul walk into if she thinks this looks good' my kids had just left and I hadn't had time to do my usual cleaning....Was nice to get a good review LOL
She was also pleased with the menu I have planned for meals....back to healthy eating after all that junk hospital food...for BOTH of us. I told her to feel free to open any cabinet, she won't find junk food in this house......maybe a few too many Bean chips LOL but that's all...
Hopefully I will start losing again. I've been at a stand still....but I must say, when my son lifted me up after I fell (he had lifted me last year when I fell right after knee surgery and was 100 pounds heavier) he said "Wow, that WL really shows in the lift". I'll say...I guess he was prepared for the heavier me because he flew me through the air...what a good feeling.
There is so much in life to be thankful for today....I look across at my "miracle man" sitting in his chair...I feel small sitting in this huge chair that I once filled and life is good..............


No comments:
Post a Comment