My Hidden Treasure

Saturday, April 18, 2009

One More Day

I am very excited about my trip this year. We are going to a different Lake, a different cabin with a different attitude. Last time was a lot of running around, very hectic. This trip has been planned better and we are hoping a lot less hectic. We'd like to be able to enjoy our cabin as well as the show and the town.
When I look at the picture of the cocoon on this site (some of you remember the original was closed) and I see that Butterfly struggling to free itself, I can really relate. I have picked a number in my head and I want so desperately to reach it so I can move to the next stage of development. The last number was when the cocoon opened for me. It was a number I hadn't seen in a long time..but this next number....well that's a number I haven't seen in decades.
I feel I can not begin to develop into a REAL Butterfly until I get there.
I will probably post pictures as well as the cocoons so people can see the real Butterfly emerge and be able to better understand why the Butterfly is so very symbolic to me.
It wasn't until I started this journey that I realized just what a struggle it is to escape from that cocoon.
This journey is not an easy one (but I've said that many times, haven't I) dieting was cinch in comparison. Problem with dieting is that I didn't learn anything. All I learned from dieting is that if I suffer through it, I'll lose weight. But then what? Even WW, while it did work very well just didn't teach me what I needed to learn. Yet I have seen so many people hatch from their WW cocoon and go on to soar as Butterflies forever. I guess each of us must find the right place, that happy place where we are comfortable. I am so totally comfortable with this solution. I really needed help to reduce the bulk of my weight and allow me the freedom to move without pain so I could be able to help myself. It helped me reverse the cycle and become strong enough to fight to escape this cocoon.
I have gotten so much support from those around me, a great deal from people who have never met me personally but struggle the same battle. I wish I could make everyone as happy as I have become.....Keep checking in...there are bound to be pictures one of these days :-)

No comments: