Oct 22- I do hope that all who follow me have the same surgical experience I have had.
While any surgery that requires cutting, stapling, re-routing intestines etc...is going to leave you sore and a bit gassy. I have used no pain medication and trust me, I would if I needed it. My incisions are all healed, my black and blues have faded. Even the memory of the Hospital ordeal has become bearable because I feel so good.
I'm not as tired as I thought I would be , but I do get fatigued and have to remember what my body has been through and that it is still healing. That's hard to do when you feel as good as I do.
I made it to the post op meeting and everyone was very surprised to see me. That meeting for those who don't know is once a month, FREE, you don't have to go but they are informative and as pre-op patients you learn a great deal that can help you after surgery.After the meeting we usually go out to eat and this week was no exception (no I am not able to drive yet but Marilynn is a great driver) We also picked up Sue. I had potato soup and loved every drop. probably not a lot of protein, but I did enjoy being out with everyone. I now look forward to the mentors meeting and group that follows but that's in NOV and I'll be fine by then.
I'm still on full liquids and probably will be until at least next week. I'm eating baby food to which I add protein powder. In case anyone every needs more protein then you can get from your food, check out Unjury.com the best tasting stuff I ever had. Jello, pudding stuff like that. It's not forever, whats 3 weeks out of the rest of my life?
I have a lot of catching up to do so it will be a while before I am back in full swing on my Groups, I do miss everyone and my daily routine. Right now when I have energy I have to focus on healing and getting back into the swing of exercise as well as some projects that got set aside.
There is a long road ahead of me and if you have taken the Journey with me thus far...Welcome to the melting side and I hope you will continue to check in as I begin my metamorphosis.
My legs are doing great and the Symvisc is still holding...Life can be beautiful....


No comments:
Post a Comment