The last Endoscopy I had was done with no medication, it was a horror and because of it I wasn't looking forward to this...AT ALL. But wait, the first thing the nurse did was insert a lock...Good sign that I will be given something
. Not that I'm a chicken you understand, I just have a serious problem with someone shoving a tube down my throat and telling me to swallow while I'm gagging and trying to expel my insides. Dr. Bersitis and his staff were wonderful, I don't remember a thing..No seriously..the Doc talked to Rich, I remember waking up in my own bed and not knowing how I got there..What ever that stuff was that they gave me, I'd like a bottle :-)
Rich said the Doc took some biopsies, he saw something suspicious, but wasn't sure. Gee, something else to add to summer stress, how nice.
The letter arrived a few days later..Good news, stomach looks good, no H pylori, However....Arrrugh why is there always a "However"....The Biopsy showed Barretts Esophagus, a pre-cancerous situation that needs to be watched..The only up side to that is that I get more of the "happy" stuff. I have an appointment to see my surgeon. Will he still do the surgery?
Sometimes I feel like my life is one BIG question mark. Is this trip fun or what?
No comments:
Post a Comment